• Photobucket
  • Photobucket
  • Photobucket
  • Photobucket

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

We love the south coast

Wimborne Model town and gardens




Originally built in the 1940s, this 'world famous' tourist attraction was completely new to me. At £5.50 per adult it was pretty steep but that did include a free quiz and a bag of sweets on completion, which we did.

This is a real little magical gem, in an unexpected location tucked away on a one way system in the small town of Wimborne, Dorset. The whole set up seems to be run by very cheerful old ladies which gives it a nice atmosphere and it would be really fun with kids. Having said that, we spent over an hour here and had a really good time.

The tiny town was actually moved brick by brick after falling into disrepair sometime in the 80s, they are very keen to tell you all about this and it is pretty interesting. It's maintained well and the little streets are very cute, I was surprised at the detail in the shop windows and there's a nice scene when you peek inside the minster window!

The size is a bit weird though and I know if I'd been a kid I would have been annoyed that it was just too small for my barbie to live it. I also didn't get the weird telephone ringing randomly, I think they were trying to make the town seem alive with sounds but that was the only one I heard.

Definitely fill in the quiz (which is surprisingly hard) and earn your bag of sweets. There was a mini egg in mine.




No comments:

Post a Comment